Dedicated To Excellence In Education
Upcoming Letter Day
Find It Fast
Our full day virtual student schedule will begin on November 30th for all students. We have attached our new schedule by grade level both our home school and NeXgen. As we transition to our full day schedule, we have renewed expectations below for all students.
- Teachers will use as much of the period as they need (45 minutes +) for synchronous instruction for math, English language arts and science/social studies (depending on the marking term). The remaining class time students will engage in asynchronous Work with Support. Students need to remain on Zoom for the entire period. This will provide students with support for his/her assignments while they are still in class.
- For special area classes, the teacher will provide synchronous instruction for half the class (20 minutes +) and students will remain in class for the asynchronous assignment with the purpose of providing the students with teacher support.
- Our teachers will no longer have office hours on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday, but will be available on Wednesdays for additional support as needed.
As everyone may already know, we will not be doing in-person tutoring sessions on Wednesdays until further notice. This change is due to very concerning trends in Wicomico County’s COVID-19 health metrics for both new case rate and positivity rate, and Wicomico County has made this decision with the support of Wicomico County Health Officer Lori Brewster.
- Please be sure to respond to our Wicomico County virtual learning survey by November 24, 2020. By responding to the survey, we can plan which students will continue to participate in virtual learning for the rest of the year and the students that would like to return to school in a hybrid model.
- Please be sure to view your child’s report card in family portal. We have attached directions below and we have also posted them in three different languages on our school and county website.
Thank you for your continued support, have a great weekend!PLEASE READ! DUE NO LATER THAN NOVEMBER 24Parents/Guardians- we need you to promptly complete the Student Learning Survey below so our school can plan how to serve all of our students, when the middle school hybrid return begins on January 4, 2021. This survey will let us know your responses to some key questions about student learning. Please review the questions carefully and provide your responses no later than Tuesday, Nov. 24th. You will fill out the survey separately for each child you have in our school. For middle school, the selections you make will be in effect through the end of the first semester on Jan. 29, AND for Semester Two, which begins Feb. 2.Please note that if you have not completed this survey for your student by Nov. 24th, the student will automatically continue with virtual learning for both Semester One and Semester Two; Hybrid learning will no longer be an option.**NOTE: You must log in using your student's log in information. The username is the student's school email address and the password is their lunch number with 3 zeros added at the end.
Students and parents: IF YOU SEE OR HEAR SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING ON OUR TIP LINE! Let's work together to keep our school and community safe!