Wicomico County Public Schools
Dedicated To Excellence In Education
- Wicomico County Public Schools
Wicomico County Public Schools Announces Key Leadership Changes
Superintendent of Schools Dr. Donna C. Hanlin, Chief Academic Officer Dr. Frederick Briggs, and the Board of Education are pleased to announce a number of key leadership changes for Wicomico County Public Schools, effective July 1:
District-Level Leadership Positions:
- Appointment of Mr. Micah Stauffer as Chief Finance and Operations Officer for Wicomico Schools.
- Appointment of Mr. Don R. Brady as the new Director of Secondary Education.
- Appointment of Ms. Melissa Eiler, Principal of Pemberton Elementary, to Supervisor of Early Childhood.
- Promotion of Mr. Aaron Deal, Central Office Technology Trainer, to Supervisor of Educational Technology & New Teacher Induction.
- Retirement of longtime Comptroller and Chief Finance and Operations Officer E. Bruce Ford after 32 years with the school system.
School Leadership Positions:
- Promotion of Ms. Erin Nathan, currently Acting Principal at James M. Bennett High, to Principal of Bennett Middle.
- Transfer of Ms. Christel Savage, currently Principal of Bennett Middle, to Principal of James M. Bennett High.
- Promotion of Dr. Ryan Kessler, currently an Assistant Principal at Delmar Elementary, to Principal of Pemberton Elementary.
- Promotion of Mr. Kevin Smith from Acting Principal of Pinehurst Elementary to Principal of Pinehurst.
- Transfer of Ms. Kris Gosnell, currently Principal of Salisbury Middle, to Principal at Pittsville Elementary and Middle. Current Pittsville Principal Michael Cody is retiring.
- Promotion of Mr. Terance Dunn, currently an Assistant Principal at Salisbury Middle, to Principal of Salisbury Middle.
- Promotion of Mr. Ron Greene, currently an Assistant Principal of Wicomico High, to Principal of Wicomico High.
In addition to the school leadership promotions and transfers above, the following individuals have been named as assistant principal or dean of students, with their school placements to be announced at a later date:
Assistant Principal: Parris Abt, Jason Capobianco, Undrea Blake, Jamie Bouchelle, Ken Popp, Georgine Fronczak, Latonya Wilson
Dean of Students: Brent Lewis, Cameron Ball, Genise Fleming, Tessa Gentzel, Tamyra Foreman
Background for District-Level Leadership Appointees
Chief Finance and Operations Officer: Mr. Micah Stauffer was hired in September 1998 to teach science at Parkside High School. In 2003 he was promoted to assistant principal, serving at Wicomico Middle and then Mardela Middle and High. He was appointed Principal in 2007, serving at Mardela Middle and High and Parkside High. He became the Director of Secondary Education in August 2014, and will now serve as Chief Finance and Operations Officer. Mr. Stauffer is a 1991 graduate of Wicomico High. He received his bachelor’s degree from University of Maryland Baltimore County in 1996, and his master’s degree from Salisbury State University in 1998.
Director of Secondary Education: Mr. Don Brady joined Wicomico Schools in August 2010 as principal of Wicomico High School. As Principal, Mr. Brady has sought to develop collaborative teams clearly focused on student learning. The teams at Wi-Hi work interdependently to achieve common goals linked to one purpose learning for all. Mr. Brady believes in the value of shared leadership. He served as Principal of the SEED School of Maryland and Assistant Principal of Frederick High School and Monocacy Middle School before joining Wicomico's school leadership team. He is clearly focused on cultivating effective teacher leaders and supporting professional growth, resulting in stronger student achievement. Mr. Brady earned a bachelor's degree in physical education from Salisbury University and a master’s degree in educational leadership from Hood College.
Supervisor of Early Childhood: Ms. Melissa Eiler joined Wicomico Schools in 1998 as Grade 2 teacher at Prince Street Elementary. In 2003 she was promoted to Assistant Principal at Willards Elementary. She was Coordinator and then Principal of the Wicomico Early Learning Center from May 2007 to 2011, when she was named Principal of Beaver Run Elementary. Mrs. Eiler has served as Pemberton Elementary’s Principal since 2016. She earned a bachelor’s degree from Indiana University of Pennsylvania, and a master’s degree from Salisbury University.
Supervisor of Instructional Technology & New Teacher Induction: Mr. Aaron Deal, a 1986 graduate of Parkside High, earned his bachelor’s degree (1994) and master’s degree (2005) from Salisbury University. After first working as a guidance assistant, he began serving as a Grade 4 teacher at East Salisbury Elementary in 1995. From 2001 to 2011 he taught Computer at Salisbury Middle, demonstrating teaching excellence and being named the 2003-2004 Wicomico Teacher of the Year and 2004 Maryland Teacher of the Year. Mr. Deal continued to work on behalf of students and families as a Pupil Personnel Worker (2011-2017). He was named Central Office Technology Trainer in 2017.
Outgoing Chief Finance and Operations Officer: Mr. Ford has served as Chief Finance and Operations Officer since July 1, 2017. He was the Comptroller from 1987 through 2017. Under his leadership, the school system has earned numerous national organization awards for the clarity and expertise with which its budget and financial reports are handled. He oversaw the launching of the school system’s Transparency Portal, and was a key inspiration in the Superintendent’s creation of the Imagine 2022 strategic plan. Collectively, these awards and achievements demonstrate the commitment of Mr. Ford, the school system and the Board to ensuring that education resources are used wisely.