Dedicated To Excellence In Education
- Wicomico High
Principal's Message: Week of 10.14.2019
> Spirit Week for Students: October 14-18th. Homecoming game is Thursday night, October 17th at 6pm v. Stephen Decatur High School. The 2019 Homecoming Dance– Purple Rain will be held on Friday, October 18th, 8-10 pm in the school cafeteria.
> Jostens Visiting Senior English Classes: on Tuesday, October 15th to tell them about caps & gowns, and other graduation items they can purchase.
> Deadline for Students to Register for May 2020 AP Testing - Online through MyPaymentsPlus: Signing up and paying for one or more AP tests is a new, two-step process that must occur online by October 15th for the May 2020 testing. First, students must sign up through their College Board AP class join code to have access to each AP class he or she is taking. The second step is to pay for each AP test online using MyPaymentsPlus. Links with directions are on the Board of Education website under “For Students” then “AP Exam Registration” at https://www.wcboe.org/domain/2238. You must pay for AP exam fees online by using the online payment system, MyPaymentsPlus. Please note that tiered payment amounts based on FARM status for the AP Exam fees will be accommodated when online payments are made on the MyPayments Plus website.
> PSAT Testing: will be on Wednesday, October 16th. Students testing will arrive to school at regular time. Busses for students not testing will arrive starting at 10:50am, and classes will begin at 11:05am.
> Superintendent’s Open-Door Session: Superintendent of Schools Dr. Donna C. Hanlin will hold a Superintendent’s Open Door Session from 4-6 p.m. Wednesday, October 16th in the Wicomico County Public Schools building, 2424 Northgate Drive (behind Lowe’s), Salisbury. Open Door Sessions throughout the 2019-2020 school year provide the opportunity for people to meet one-on-one with the superintendent to express concerns, offer ideas, or ask questions on any issue involving Wicomico schools. No appointment is needed. Each visitor will have approximately 15 minutes to meet with the superintendent. Follow-up sessions will be held if there are more visitors than there is time on the scheduled night. Open Door Sessions are also scheduled for 4-6 p.m. Nov. 20, Jan. 15, Feb. 19, March 18, April 15 and May 20. 410-677-4495.
> MSEA Convention – School Closed for Students: there will be no school for students on Friday, October 18th.
> Upcoming College Visits: (students should sign-up via Naviance)
- Monday, October 21st, 12:00pm – Stevenson University
- Monday, October 21st, 1:00pm – Hood College
- Wednesday, October 23rd, 12:00pm – Goucher College
- Friday, October 25th, 1:00pm – University of Maryland, Eastern Shore
> School Security: As the Board of Education and individual schools continuously strive to increase the security of our schools and the safety of our students and staff, here are a few reminders for parents and students:
- The additional contacts that you added to the Student Enrollment Form are only allowed to pick-up your child if we call them. They are not allowed to come pick-up your child at any time without a note from you. If you would like any of your additional contacts to be able to pick-up your child at any time, please send in a separate note requesting this.
- Visitors not on your child’s contact list cannot come to school to see your child or bring your child food, money, etc. Only those on the contact list may see your child or leave something for them.
- If you have a situation where you need someone to pick-up your child that normally doesn’t have permission, when you call the office, we will give you a fax number or email address to send the request. Written permission is required.
Thank you for your assistance in keeping your child and all our students and staff safe.
> Free & Reduced Lunch Applications: Please fill them out and return to the front office. Last year’s approved status for free or reduced lunch will end on October 14th . Be sure to submit your completed form to avoid a delay. After the meal status expires students will have the opportunity to charge up to three days breakfast and lunch before they are offered an alternative meal. Applications can be picked up in the main office and will take 5 business days to process. You are also able to submit your application online by visiting http://onlineapps.wcboe.org
> Food Deliveries: Please remember that if your going to bring food to your child during the school day make sure your arriving during your child’s assigned lunch shift and the person delivering the food is on the students contact list.