Dedicated To Excellence In Education
- Wicomico High
Principal's Message: Week of 12.9.2019
> Parades: The JROTC Drill Team will march in the Snow Hill Christmas Parade on Monday, December 9th at 7pm.
> Monthly Meeting of Wicomico County Board of Education: The December meeting of the Wicomico County Board of Education will be held at 12:30 pm on Tuesday, December 10th in the Board of Education Auditorium at 101 Long Avenue, Salisbury. The Board will immediately vote to go into closed session at that time, and will reconvene in open session at 1:30 p.m. The agenda will be posted online: Go to www.wcboe.org; click on the BoardDocs box (left side of home page) to view the agenda. The meeting will be livestreamed and will also be viewable after the meeting: https://www.wcboe.org/leadership/board_of_education/watch_board_meetings. The meeting will also be aired on PAC 14. 410-677-4561.
> Mid-Term Progress Reports: are being sent home on Thursday, December 12th.
> ACT Administration: will be held on Saturday, December 14th for students who registered online by November 8 deadline.
> Attn: Parents of Seniors:
- 50% of our seniors have not had their portraits done yet! If your child has not had their senior portrait taken, Ms. Jen Seay has graciously offered to do a free portrait session for seniors on December 13th. Interested seniors should sign up in advance for a spot using the link https://signup.com/go/uEUEvHU. The session is free, but each student will receive information about purchasing prints, if they so choose. Otherwise, they will not receive a copy of their portraits; Jen Seay will only be sharing them with Ms. Ault to include in the yearbook. The portrait session will take place during 4th period on December 13th, in the Media Center. Students should arrive five minutes before their sign-up time and should only be out of class 10-15 minutes. Ladies need to wear a tank top (they will need to bare their shoulders for the drape) & gentlemen need to wear a white t-shirt (Ms. Seay will provide the tux). If a student does not submit a portrait by the deadline, we will be using their current X2 photo so they will at least be included in the yearbook.
- Senior portraits are due by December 19th. If your senior has already had their portrait taken, they should check with their photographer to make sure the portraits are sent to Mrs. Ault! Seniors can check with Ms. Ault to see if she has received their correct portrait already.
- Senior ads are still available, but space is limited! You can purchase and create a senior ad online at www.balfour.com.
- Yearbooks are still on sale. Preorder at www.balfour.com or send in cash/check with your child to give to Ms. Ault. The cost is $70.
> Wicomico County Teacher of the Year Nominations: Forms are available in the main office, on the school website or at the Nomination Link: https://tinyurl.com/TOYWCBOE2020 The deadline for nominations is December 14th.
> Winter Holiday: Wicomico schools will dismiss at regular time on Friday, December 20th. Schools will be closed for the winter holidays from Monday, December 23rd - Wednesday, January 1st, reopening on Thursday, January 2nd. During the entire winter holiday break, Wicomico High School will be closed, but the Central Office will be open December 26th, 27th and 30th.
> January Testing: will take place during the regular school day on the following dates:
- English 10 MCAP - January 6th and 7th
- Algebra 1 MCAP - January 6th through the 9th
- Government MCAP - January 13th and 14th
Students who missed last year’s testing or did not successfully pass MCAP in the spring will test this upcoming January. Students who need to take one or more state assessments in January have been notified. Please contact our testing coordinator, Mrs. Williams, in the Media Center, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
> FBLA Fundraiser – Wednesday December 11th at Buffalo Wild Wings. Present the attached coupon or get one from the main office and when you place your order they will receive 20% of the bill.