Dedicated To Excellence In Education
- Wicomico High
Principal's Message: Week of 03.04.2019
> SAT for 11th Graders: will be held on Wednesday, March 6th. Students taking the test will come to school at the normal time. Students who are not taking the test will have late arrival that day. Here is the schedule for March 6th:
- 11:15am - Students arrive to school
- 11:10am - Students may enter the building
- 11:15am - School starts at 11:15 for all non-testers.
- 4th period - 11:15 to 12:35
- First Lunch - (11:15 to 11:35) - C Bldg and Gym/ Auditorium
- 4th Period CTE (Then report to Auditorium).
- Second lunch - (11:40 to 12:00) – B Bldg, D Bldg, E Bldg, and Café
- Third lunch- (12:05 to 12:35) - A Bldg, and Media
- 11th Graders who took SAT - CTE shuttle buses 48 & 62 will depart Wi Hi at 12:40 pm
- 5th period- 12:40 to 1:20
- 6th period - 1:25 to 2:00
- 7th period - 2:05 to 2:45
- 4th PD CTE: Eat first lunch then report to the auditorium.
- PM CTE: CTE shuttle buses will depart Wi Hi at 12:40 pm
- Students with 12pm OJT: Report to school for 4th period and sign out in the front office in time to go to work!
> Parent University - College Decision Time: for High School Seniors & Parents/Caregivers will be held on Thursday, March 7th at James M. Bennett High from 6:30pm–7:30 pm. Your senior has completed their applications, and finished their essays, letters of recommendation, and college admission tests. And hopefully, they have begun receiving acceptances. Now comes the exciting part: Decision Time! For some this will be easy; but for others, choosing between two or three great options can be a bit stressful. College Placement Consulting will review some tips for seniors and their parents to help make the choice.
> AP Exam Registration On-line: Students can register at https://www.wcboe.org/domain/2238, (located on the WCBOE website under Students). The deadline is Tuesday, March 5th.
> Graduation Announcements: If you ordered graduation items OTHER THAN caps & gowns, Jostens will be here to deliver them on Tuesday, March 12th during lunch shifts. They will also be able to take cap & gown orders that day (and will honor the February price of $49.95 + tax & shipping/handling). Payments of cash or check will be accepted.
> College Fair: Wicomico County Public Schools is sponsoring a College Fair for all high school students and their parents on Tuesday, March 19th, from 5:30 p.m. -7:30 p.m. at James M. Bennett High School. College tables will be set up in the front hall at JMB. [The Summer Engagement Expo (for students and parents in grades PreK- 8) will be held on the same night at the same time in the cafeteria.] At least 30 colleges and universities plan to attend.
> 2018-2019 School Calendar Update: Please note that due to Wicomico County Public Schools being closed for inclement weather conditions on January 14th and February 20th, Wicomico students will now be in school on two of the designated makeup days in this school year’s calendar. Thursday, June 13th and Friday, June 14th are now school days. Schools will dismiss two hours early on June 12th, 13th and 14th (June 10th and 11th will now be full instructional days).
> Spring Sports are Here! If your child needs a sports physical, please contact The Wellness Center. All sign up forms are in the front office or The Wellness Center. For appointments or questions, feel free to contact Nekia Wise at 410-677-5146, ext. 27344.
> Does Your Student Need Service Hours? Volunteers are needed for upcoming RunSBY Events (Salisbury Marathon, Salisbury Half Marathon, 5K) starting in April. Students can sign up online at https://runsignup.com/Race/Volunteer/MD/Salisbury/runsby.