Dedicated To Excellence In Education
- Wicomico High
Principal's Weekly Message
Principal's Message: Week of 04.11.21
> Food Pantry: will be available once a week on Fridays for students who are attending WiHi in person. Students need to sign up via the form in the email version of this message for in-person pickup: https://forms.gle/F3Gb4U7UYt7Ubbyg9
The food pantry will also be available Wednesday, April 14th for the monthly drive-thru event. Virtual and in-person students can sign up for the monthly food pantry drive-thru using the link in the email version of this message: https://forms.gle/9sw8TFrWqJUHYTiZ8
> MCAP Testing: Students who took Algebra 1 and/or English 10 this school year, either in Semester 1 or currently in Semester 2, will be provided an opportunity to satisfy their assessment graduation requirement by taking the MCAP test this spring. Students interested in this opportunity must sign up by Wednesday, April 14th.
- ALGEBRA 1: WEDNESDAY, MAY 5th (All 4 units with appropriate breaks between sessions)
- ENGLISH 10: WEDNESDAY, MAY 12th (Units 1 & 2) AND WEDNESDAY, MAY 19th (Units 3 & 4)
The sign-up link is included in the email version of this message: https://forms.gle/z5uN7nUnyjuHzZLQ9
> Scheduling: If your student has not filled out their schedule request form for school year 2021-2022, they can locate it on their Grade Level School Counseling Google classroom under the classwork tab. They should watch the video and complete the form. If they want to meet with their counselor about their schedule requests, have them check yes to that question on the form and their counselor will contact them.
- The senior class is purchasing T-shirts for all seniors this year! Please have your senior use the link included in the email version of this message to provide their T-shirt size by Wednesday, April 14th: https://tinyurl.com/wihi2021
- Any student who ordered graduation announcements may come pick them up in the main office, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Friday, from 8:30-4pm. Ask for Ms. Maher.
- If you did not order your cap & gown by the deadline, you still need to order! Go to Jostens.com or call 800-567-8367 ASAP! Delivery cannot be guaranteed if ordered after May 1st.
- Updates to graduation:
- Graduation will now be held on Saturday, June 12th, at 2:30pm at the Arthur Perdue “Shorebirds” Stadium off Route 50.
- The event will be held rain or shine.
- Each student will receive 4 tickets for immediate family to attend (all guests, even infants, require a ticket)
> Helpdesk for Technical Issues: If you or your child are having issues with laptops or connecting to online assignments, assistance is available by email at email@example.com or by calling:
- 410-677-5200 for English, or
- 410-677-5236 for Haitian Creole or Spanish
> Meal Service for Students – NEW HOURS: Meal services continue at all of our school buildings in Wicomico County. At WiHi, we will serve from 8:30am–10:00am, Monday, Wednesday & Friday. Meals will be bundled to cover breakfast and lunch. Meals will be provided daily and will be served at no cost to all students. Parents will have the option to pick up their student’s meal without the student being present and can pick up meals at any school. Meals at WiHi can be picked up at the bus ramp. Menus are online at wcboe.org.