Dedicated To Excellence In Education
- Wicomico High
Principal's Message: Week of 9.16.2019
- PTSA Back-to-School Night: will be held on Monday, September 16, 2019 from 5-7pm in the Media Center. Teachers will be in classrooms to meet parents/guardians.
- Evening High School Registration: will be Tuesday-Thursday, September 17-19, from 4pm-7pm at the Evening High School office located in the modular building facing Schumaker Drive alongside of Parkside High School.
- Applications are Being Accepted for the Princess Anne Alumnae Chapter’s Delta G.E.M.S. Program! The goal of Delta G.E.M.S. is to: instill the need to excel academically; to provide tools that enable girls to sharpen and enhance their skills to achieve high levels of academic success; to assist girls in proper goal setting and planning for their future in high school and beyond; and to create compassionate, caring, community minded young women by actively involving them in service learning and community service opportunities. The Delta G.E.M.S. is designed for young women:
- Who are in grades 9-12.
- Who have potential, but need guidance, support and skills to achieve success.
- Who are interested in developing leadership skills.
- Who are actively pursuing college and/or career options.
- Who need encouragement and support in pursuit of higher learning.
The Delta G.E.M.S.’ activities include participation in community service projects, cultural events, and attending educational workshops. The workshops will address topics such as choosing the perfect college, career choices, social and professional etiquette, self-esteem building, wellness, and money management.
Participation in this program requires commitment and dedication in order to make the program successful. It is important to note that transportation to and from meetings/local events are the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
Please submit your completed application by September 23, 2019 to your School Guidance Counselor or to Princess Anne Alumnae Chapter Delta G.E.M.S. P.O. Box 307 Princess Anne, MD 21853.
- College Information Night: is being sponsored by Wicomico County Public Schools for students in the Class of 2020 on Wednesday, September 25, 2019 from 6:30pm-8:30pm in the auditorium at James M. Bennett High School. Parents are welcome to attend. Information will be shared about Naviance & how it is used in the College Application Process, the Director of the Financial Aid Office from Salisbury University will share information about How to Pay for College & an admissions counselor from the University of Maryland will provide an overview of the admissions process that includes a general timeline for applications and admission notification, tips for writing college application essays & how to make your application stand out. We hope you’ll attend!
- School Pictures: will be taken on Monday, September 30, 2019. ALL STUDENTS MUST HAVE THEIR PICTURES TAKEN whether or not they plan to purchase copies of their photos.
- Yearbook Reservations: Pre-order the yearbook & save! Yearbooks are $50 until October 1st, & then the price increases to $70. Pre-order with cash or check to Mrs. Ault in ME-3.
- PSAT - Free to all 10th graders! Will be held on Wednesday, October 16, 2019. For 9th and 11th graders wishing to take the test, there will be a $17 fee. Money can be given to Mrs. Williams in the Media Center by Tuesday, September 17th.
- Military Service Academy Appointment Applications: Congressman Andy Harris is seeking applications from high school students interested in being nominated to enter: US Military Academy, West Point, NY; US Naval Academy, Annapolis, MD; US Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, CO; and US Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY. Information is available in the Guidance Office, or at the Congressman’s Kent Island Office at 410-643-5425. The deadline to submit an application is November 15, 2019.
- Wicomico ACE Mentor Program: Interested in a career in design, architecture, construction or engineering? If so, please plan to attend an interest meeting for the ACE Mentor program Wednesday, Sept 18 @ 6:30 PM in the J.M.B Cafeteria. The ACE Mentor Program is designed to introduce high school students to career opportunities in the design, engineering and construction fields. Local professionals meet weekly with students to select and design a project. Students are also eligible for scholarships and potentially internships.
- Free & Reduced Lunch Applications: Please fill them out and return to the front office. Last year’s approved status for free or reduced lunch will end in 30 days. Be sure to submit your completed form to avoid a delay. Applications can be picked up in the main office and will take 5 business days to process. You are also able to submit your application online by visiting http://onlineapps.wcboe.org