Dedicated To Excellence In Education
- Wicomico High
Principal's Message: Week of 10.26.2020
> Math Tutoring: We will be offering an in-person Math tutoring session for WiHi students on October 28th from 10:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. in room E-7. If you would like for your child to participate in the tutoring, please complete the following link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/math-tutoring-tickets-126441210063
Parents also need to complete the COVID Parent agreement by following this link: https://covid.wcboe.org/. The first TWELVE families to complete both forms will be scheduled to participate in our October 28th tutoring. (You will not be able to register if twelve "tickets" have already been issued. If you are able to register, you are one of the twelve, provided you also complete the COVID Parent Agreement and are up to date with all state required immunizations).
Please note the following procedures that we will be enforcing:
- Students must arrive on time and wait at the front entrance until someone to comes to escort them to the room. Students will not be admitted late.
- Students must wear a mask that covers their mouth and nose while in the building.
- Students will practice social distancing. Students must stay in their assigned desks during the tutoring session. They must seek permission from the teacher to get out of their seat for any reason.
- Students must bring their fully charged laptop.
- Students must bring content-related questions and materials to work on for the hour that they are with the tutor.
- Students must remain in the tutoring session for the full hour, as the teacher is unable to monitor students in the classroom and also outside.
- Students must have a ride available at the school at 11:00 a.m. Students should report directly to their cars upon exiting the building rather than congregating and socializing. Failure to report directly to their car at the end of the tutoring session will forfeit the student’s right of participating in future tutoring opportunities.
Thank you for working with us to ensure that these safety practices are followed. Email Mr. Popp at email@example.com should you have any questions or concerns.
> Help Available on WiHi Website: Students and parents can find tutorials on accessing Zoom & Google Classroom, among other things, on the WiHi website under Online Learning, or this link: https://www.wcboe.org/domain/2357
> Are you a senior who needs help on College Essays?: We have extended the college essay support for seniors to Friday, October 30th. Mrs. Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org), and Mrs. Sullivan (email@example.com), are looking forward to reviewing your essay so that you can submit the best possible essay when applying to college. If you are interested in in having a college essay reviewed, please email one of these teachers and they will send you information about where to upload your essay. Below is a helpful YouTube video from the College Boot Camp of a presentation by admissions staff from Johns Hopkins University about Writing a Winning Essay and links to the WCPS website for helpful documents when working on your college essays. We hope this will be helpful and strengthen your college applications.
Johns Hopkins University: Writing A Winning College Essay https://youtu.be/GNTC5jB_gIw
Links to information about College Essays on the www.wcboe.org website:
> Parent Teacher Conferences: We will have our first (ever!) Virtual Parent Conference Night on Monday, October 26th, from 4-6pm. Teachers will set up Zoom links in Google Classroom for parents to use to talk to their student’s teachers virtually about their grades or progress. More information will be sent out next week.
> The WiHi Food Pantry is back! Like everything else, it looks a little different this year. Instead of a weekly event, we will have a monthly drive-up distribution. Also, unlike previous years, students must preregister using the following link: https://forms.gle/J4pNxDrqxUT5vH767
Our first distribution will be October 28th, and they must register by October 27th.
> Spring Sports: If your student is interested in playing a spring sport, this message is for you! On November 2nd, Wicomico County Public Schools will begin spring athletic coaching sessions. These sessions will connect interested students with athletic teams of their interest to assist them in developing relationships with coaches & teammates. In order to participate, each student MUST have a valid physical and online registration (form-releaf) completed as well as having the Covid form submitted. At the bottom of the email version of this message, you will see the contact information for the coaches along with the physical and online registration link and Covid form link. Please email the coach of the sport you are interested in for more information. You will receive another message when we get closer to Winter sessions.
Online Registration & Physical Form (physical form also available at the school): https://www.wcboe.org/domain/2008
Covid Form: https://covid.wcboe.org/
- Baseball - Coach Elzey - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Boys Lacrosse - Coach Alston - email@example.com
- Girls Lacrosse - Coach Molnar - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Softball - Coach Cahall - email@example.com
- Tennis - Coach Brown - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Track & Field - Coach Trendowski - email@example.com
- Unified Bocce - Coach Deshields - firstname.lastname@example.org
> Meal Service for Students: ***UPDATE FOR ELECTION DAY*** There will be NO meal distribution on Tuesday, November 3rd due to Election Day. However, meals given out on Monday, November 2nd will cover Tuesday also.
Meal services continue at all of our school buildings in Wicomico County. At WiHi, we will serve from 8:00am–10:00am, Monday-Friday. Meals will be bundled to cover breakfast and lunch. Meals will be provided daily and will be served at no cost to all students. Parents will have the option to pick up their student’s meal without the student being present and can pick up meals at any school. Meals can be picked up at the bus ramp. The October menus are now online at wcboe.org.
> Return to School Action Plan: Wicomico County Public Schools has announced its plan for returning students to school. Please visit wcboe.org to view the plan.
> Procedure for Submitting Absence Notes: Parents/guardians may submit doctor/absence notes to school, and healthcare providers may submit them directly to school also. The notes can be faxed to 410-677-5151 or emailed to email@example.com.
> Helpdesk for Technical Issues: If you or your child are having issues with laptops or connecting to online assignments, assistance is available by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 410-677-5200.