Dedicated To Excellence In Education
- Salisbury Middle
Return to Headlines
Weekly Parent Link Click Here
Good evening families, this is Mr. Dunn with information for the week of 1/15/23.
- Students will continue taking their next round of iReady and MAP testing. The remainder of the window will be used for completing the test and make-ups. Teachers have posted information about these tests in their Google classrooms.
- MCAP ELP will continue for our ESOL students this week.
- Students and families, we need your help with laptop care and student preparedness. Our staff are noticing that some students are not being responsible for daily laptop care. Students are missing chargers, coming to school with uncharged laptops and damaged laptops are on the rise. We understand that laptop care is a relatively new skill for students, but many students will be losing laptop privileges if this pattern continues. If a child loses a charger or damages a laptop, families will be fined and there will be a lapse in time between fixing the laptop and getting back into the students' hands because we have limited access to laptop parts. If this is the case, students will only be able to do paper and pencil work. Please talk with your child about the importance of taking care of his/her device.
- Our term 2 reading goal is 7000 books. We are currently at 6684 books read, with 9 days to go!!!! Please encourage your child to read every day and to record the book in his/her teachers' google classroom ! It is the expectation that each child reads a minimum of 5 books per term to earn the lunchtime treat!
- Project Move students going on the field trip to the WiHi/ Mardela game on Tuesday will need to be picked up at 7:00 pm at SMS in the bus loop parking lot.
- Winter Wonderland dance - January 27th from 6:00 to 8:00 pm. Open to all grade levels, but students must have a 2.0 and no OSS for term 2 to attend the dance. We are requesting donations for the dance. If Families are interested in donating items for the dance, please use the link below.
- Monday 1/16/23:
- Observance of Martin L. King, Jr. Day. - No school
- Tuesday 1/17/23:
- PTA will be selling tickets for the winter dance during all lunch shifts.
- Tutoring – L. Smith (Math 7) 3:00-4:00 in E140
- Attendance Recovery - J. Coalter 2:45-3:30 in C136
- Wednesday, 1/18/23:
- Lego League with J. Dunn 2:45-4:00 in E148
- Math Club Meeting 3:00-4:00 in Mrs. Thompson’s Room
- Maker Space/Open Library with B. Ellis 3:00-4:00 in Media Center. Students may arrive at 2:45.
- Tutoring- E. Wharton (Math 8 & Algebra 1) 3:00-4:00 in E238
- GEMS for 7t & 8th Grade students (Rose Garnets) - C. Carr
3:00-5:00 in B143
- Thursday, 1/19/23:
- Attendance Recovery – J. Coalter 2:45-3:30 in C136
- Tutoring – J. Hall (History) 2:45-3:45 in E114
- NJHS Meeting 3:00-4:00 in C140
- Friday, 1/20/23: