James M. Bennett High
Respect. Responsibility. Ready to Learn.
- James M. Bennett High
Parent Message 3-1
Good evening Clippers. This is Principal Savage with your weekly message.
As Friday ended, I saw students looking over their progress reports as they were leaving the building. Then as I got ready to leave for the weekend, I marked off my February calendar and I noticed that we only have only three and a half months left of this school year. Time has a funny way of sometimes moving too slow and other times disappearing in an instant. Senior parents enjoy these last few months as they will be over before you know it!
While time is a concern the Coronavirus is weighing heavy on the minds of many. For more information about WCPS are doing check out the link in the email. https://www.wcboe.org/domain/2333
Dates to Remember:
- Mulch Madness has started so check out the flyer and order form attached in the email. Mulch Madness.docx
- On Wednesday 11th graders will report to school at the regular time to take the SATs. All other students will take the second bus run which is approximately 3 hours after the normal run. Students should check with their bus drives for exact times. After the SATs classes will continue on a normal schedule and students are expected to stay for the remainder of the day. Any student wishing to leave after the SATs must have a parent note turned into the office prior to the start of testing. SAT reminders and info.pptx
- This week is a big week for the Class of 2022 as they will hold their annual Spaghetti Dinner and Silent Auction fundraiser on Friday, from 6pm-8pm. The Sophomore class hopes that everyone can make it out to this great event. Tickets are available for purchase using the attached ticket order form which can be filled out and returned to school with the money. JMB Spaghetti Dinner Ticket Order Form.docx SD Flyer.docx
- March 17th SGA Blood Drive
- March 14th Quarter Auction at the Moose to support the Band
- March 14th Athletic Bingo here at JMB
- March 17th, we will be having a College Fair from 5:30 -7:30 p.m. This is open to all students and parents in Wicomico County. College Fair 2020 Slide.jpg
As always there are a lot of great events happening each week so be sure to check out the bulletin and Facebook. Sceduled Events 3-2-2020.pdf
The 2019-2020 school year’s end is in sight, but I believe there are some great moments still ahead. As always if you have questions or concerns, please reach out.
Thank you and have a great evening.