James M. Bennett High
Respect. Responsibility. Ready to Learn.
- James M. Bennett High
Parent Message 2-9
Good evening Clippers. This is Principal Savage with your weekly message.
If you haven’t made it to Rock and Roll Revival, there are still 4 shows left. The students are amazing, so I highly recommend it.
Just a reminder that if your student needs access to the internet for homework, we have a new item in our Media Center call the Kajeet Smart Spot. Check out the flyer attached or have your student visit the media center for more information.
Dates to Remember:
- February 10-14 will be Clipper’s Choose Love week as we celebrate and promote kindness. We will end that week with a pep rally for our winter sports.
- Feb 11th Jostens will be on all three lunch shifts for cap and gown orders.
- Feb 12th Dual Enrollment Info Night at Wor-Wic Community College – See attachment
- Feb 17th – No school - President’s Day
- The Salisbury based nonprofit organization PROMISE will hold its annual prom gown giveaway on Saturday February 22, 2020 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Parkside High School in Salisbury. The event will feature more than 600 new prom dresses ranging in sizes 0-26, shoes and accessories. Seamstresses will be on hand to do minor alterations at no cost. This event is open to any high school girl, and everything is FREE. All that is required for entry is a valid school i.d. card.
- Feb 28th marks the start of spring sports and progress reports go home that day.
- March 4th SATs for 11th graders – Delayed opening for remaining students
- March 6th Spaghetti Dinner 6-8 to benefit the Sophomore Class.
- March 17th, we will be having a College Fair here at James M. Bennett High School from 5:30 -7:30 p.m. This is open to all students and parents in Wicomico County.
As always there are a lot of great events happening each week so be sure to check out the bulletin and Facebook.
Helping students to grow and learn in a great school is a team effort and I thank you for your support and your suggestions. I look forward to the great things we can achieve together.
Thank you and have a great evening.