James M. Bennett High
Respect. Responsibility. Ready to Learn.
- James M. Bennett High
Parent Message 1-26-20
Good evening Clippers. This is Principal Savage with your weekly message.
Students do not have school tomorrow as teachers will be participating in professional development. When students return to school on Tuesday it will be the start of the 3rd term.
Report cards will go home on Thursday of this week. Students who have missed 5 or more unexcused days of school during the 2nd term will receive a report card with all E’s until they attend attendance recover and get those days excused. Students are required to stay after school for two hours per day of unexcused absence. If your child is in danger of receiving E’s you should have received a parent message/email on Friday. If you child has days to make up encourage them to attend attendance recover this week.
Just a few reminders:
- If your student is enrolled in a semester one class, on Tuesday they will report to their semester two class. All students were given a copy of their schedule last week during first period.
- The freshman class will be having a Valentine’s Candy Gram fundraiser and they seek donations of individually wrapped candies.
For Future Planning:
- The Career & Technical Education Department at Parkside High School is hosting the 36th Annual SkillsUSA Local Championship Competition on Saturday, February 1st. Everyone is invited to attend and encouraged to come see the competition and the many exciting things students and teachers are doing in the CTE Department. The competition will be held at Parkside High School from 8:00 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. followed by an awards ceremony in the auditorium.
- February 10-14 will be Clipper Choose Love week as we celebrate and promote kindness. We will end that week with a pep rally for our winter sports.
- Feb 7-9 and Feb 13-16 Rock and Roll Revival will be taking place. You can get your tickets at the Bank of Delmarva on Eastern Shore Drive or at Ticketleap.com
- March 17th, we will be having a College Fair here at James M. Bennett High School from 5:30 -7:30 p.m. This is open to all students and parents in Wicomico County.
As always there are a lot of great events happening each week so be sure to check out the bulletin and Facebook.
Thank you and have a great evening.