James M. Bennett High
Respect. Responsibility. Ready to Learn.
- James M. Bennett High
Parent Message 1-19
Good evening Clippers. This is Principal Savage with your weekly message.
We do not have school tomorrow as we honor Martin Luther King Jr. A celebration is taking place for youth at the Wicomico Youth and Civic Center tomorrow from 8am – 12noon. Bus transportation and chaperones are being provided from various locations throughout the county. Check out the attachments for more information.
On Wednesday of the week we start mid-term exams. The schedule is as follows:
Wednesday – exams for periods 6 and 7
Thursday – exams for periods 4 and 5
Friday – exams for periods 1,2 and 3
Just a few reminders:
- All students will get a copy of their second semester schedule during their 1st period on Tuesday. Students who don’t have a first period are able to pick up their schedule in the guidance.
- A Sophomore parent meeting will take place Tuesday (21) at 6.
- On Tuesday our basketball game against Mardela here at home will be a Purple game. The purple that evening is to represent and bring awareness to the fight against opioids. Before the game an announcement will be made to highlight that fight.
- On Thursday, January 23rd at 6:00 pm, The Wicomico Special Education Citizens Advisory Committee will be holding their quarterly meeting and invite you to join them to learn about special education programs, supports for students with special needs and how they are funded by federal, state and local governments. The meeting will take place at 101 Long Avenue, the former board of education office. For more information, you may contact the Office of Special Education at 410-677-4493.
- The 2nd term ends on January 24th.
- There is no school on January 27th as teachers will be participating in professional development.
- The freshman class will be having a Valentine’s Candy Gram fundraiser and they seek donations of individually wrapped candies.
For Future Planning: On March 17th, we will be holding a College Fair here at James M. Bennett High School from 5:30 -7:30 p.m. This is open to all students and parents in Wicomico County.
As always there are a lot of great events happening each week so be sure to check out the bulletin and Facebook.
Thank you and have a great evening.