James M. Bennett High
Respect. Responsibility. Ready to Learn.
- James M. Bennett High
Parent Message 1-5-2020
Good evening Clippers. This is Principal Savage with your first weekly message of 2020.
I know that as soon as we turn the corner at January our seniors can start to see the finish line. If you are the parent of a senior, please take time to remind them that the finish line is both near and far away. Many seniors may need to be encouraged to continue to stay focused all the way through. If we can learn from past seniors, seniorities can set in early for some and they can start to feel finished too soon. This can then result in seniors needing to make up for lost effort at the last minute. Please continue to encourage your 2020 senior.
As we start the 2020 portion of the school year just a few reminders:
- Attendance matters and students need to keep their absences to a minimum of four unexcused days per term or they will need to attend attendance make up to ensure they keep their grades.
- Students should be in class each day by 7:45.
- 11th and 12th graders who are driving should have a parking permit. Forms and stickers are available in the main office.
- PTSA and classroom visitation will take place on January 16th from 5-7.
- Mid-term exams are scheduled for January 22nd through the 24th. See attachments for more information.
- The 2nd term ends on January 24th.
- The county is seeking input into next year’s calendar through January 8th. Please visit www.wcboe.org and click on the Calendar Survey button to review the draft calendars and access the calendar survey.
- The annual Martin Luther King Day Jr. Celebration for Youth is quickly approaching on Monday January 20th. Again, the Salisbury High School Association is putting together a program for students from 8am – 12noon at the Wicomico Youth and Civic Center, which includes breakfast and various activities. Bus transportation and chaperones are being provided from various locations throughout the county. Check out the attachments for more information.
- As always there are a lot of great events happening each week during school and after school so be sure to check out the bulletin and encourage your student to get involved.
As I start the 2020 portion of the school year, I remain committed to helping JMB become the very best school by focusing on students through providing quality instruction, open communication, proactive school safety measures and a school and community team approach as Together wE Achieve More.
Let’s make 2020 great!
Thank you and have a good evening.