James M. Bennett High
Respect. Responsibility. Ready to Learn.
- James M. Bennett High
Homecoming Dance Information
Hello, Clipper Families. This is Principal Savage with a special message about the homecoming dance.
James M. Bennett High School is scheduled to hold a Homecoming dance outside in the Shipyard on September 25th from 8:00 – 10:00 PM. Since the dance is being held outside, it will be weather permitting. While we are excited for this event, the level of community transmission of COVID-19 in Wicomico County is “high”, emphasizing the potential need for contact tracing. For this reason, the dance will be limited to James M. Bennett High students only.
Students must also meet the existing dance eligibility requirements:
- GPA – 2.0 requirement per county policy
- CONDUCT – no OSS days served during the semester in which the dance occurs in addition to the county requirements for exclusion based on cumulative OSS days.
There is an inherent risk of contracting COVID-19 at any location where people are gathered. We do expect crowds and situations where social distancing may not be enforceable. Wearing a mask at those time will help protect individual students as well as other students.
All attendees agree to the following:
- To wear a face covering at all times when social distancing is not possible
- To practice social distancing to the greatest extent possible.
- To practice hand washing and/or sanitizing of hands
- To not attend this event if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
A copy of the permission form is attached here. ( Dance Permission Form) They will also be available on google classroom and at lunch. A signed permission form is required prior to a student being handed a dance ticket.
Process for acquiring a dance ticket.
- A google form will be provided through students’ grade level classrooms. 12th and 11th graders will need to complete the form for their tickets tomorrow the 14th. 10th and 9th grade students will need to complete the form for their ticket on the 15th.
- Staff will then review the requests for a ticket to ensure the student meets the eligibility requirements for the dance.
- Students who have completed the form and are eligible will receive a follow up email letting them know they are eligible along with their ticket number.
- Students will then need to place an envelope with their name and ticket number on the outside. Inside the envelop should be the $10 fee for the dance and the signed permission form. The envelop can be dropped to the payment box at lunch or before school and after school in the main office.
- Tickets will then be distributed during flex period next week.