Glen Avenue Elementary
Excellence Is the Expectation for All
GO TO onlineapps.wcboe.org TO APPLY FOR FREE AND REDUCED MEALS FOR THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR!
As we prepare for the upcoming school year, we need your input in revising the 2020-2021 District Brochure. Please click on one of the links below to watch a short video. Please complete the short evaluation at the end.
Thank you for your continued support.
- English- Title I ProgramWCPS
- Creole- Pwogram Tit I Lekòl Piblik Distri Wicomico
- Spanish- Programa Título I Escuelas Públicas del Condado de Wicomico
Classes will be held virtually for terms 1 and 2, which run from September 8, 2020-January 29, 2021. Homeroom assignment letters will be sent home on August 21, 2020. Teachers return to work on August 26, 2020. Between August 26 and September 3 you will hear from your child's teacher regarding how to access the classes online. Laptops for students who need them will also be distributed August 29-September 3rd.
What you can do now to prepare:
1. Make sure you have reliable Internet and a laptop. If either is unavailable, email glen.wcboe.org and ask to have a laptop and/or hotspot provided.
2. Be sure the school has a valid phone number AND email address so the teachers can reach you about school plans. Email updated information to glen.wcboe.org or call 410-677-5806.
3. If you are not familiar with Google Classroom, click on this link to learn about it:
NOTE: THERE WILL NOT BE PACKETS AND ALL LESSONS WILL BE PROVIDED THROUGH GOOGLE CLASSROOM. CLASS DOJO WILL NOT BE USED FOR LESSONS.
4. If you have moved, call 410-677-5806 for directions on how to submit your new lease and utility bill and/or transfer your child if necessary.
5. Take care of yourselves.....
We will be in touch soon.
Glen Avenue's Teacher of the Year
Glen Avenue celebrates our 2020-2021 Teacher of the Year! Ms. Renee Peshoff is a second grade teacher in her 6th year at Glen Avenue.
SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT PLAN COMMENTS WELCOMED:
The School Improvement Plan (Full text and abbreviated) are posted under the "For Parents" tab and "Title 1 Resources." There is also a comment form. Please feel free to read and provide us with comments regarding the plan and our goals. We would love to hear from you!
Find It Fast
There are no upcoming events to display.