Mission and Vision Statements
The mission of Pinehurst School is to create a learning community where all students are celebrated for their individual diversity and academic success. All stakeholders will contribute to the learning environment that fosters high academic achievement, positive social/emotional growth which will prepare the individual child in becoming college and career ready.
• Instruction must be aligned with the goals and expectations for student learning.
• Our school encourages students to become confident, self-directed, life-long learners. • Our school community must be valued and treated with respect.
• All students have the right to learn, and all teachers have the right to teach in a safe and comfortable environment.
• All students and staff must accept responsibility for their behavior and the choices they make and behave in a way teaching, and learning can occur.
• Individual integrity, tolerance and respect for others must be taught, modeled, expected, and acknowledged in all areas of our school and in the students’ life.
• Foster partnerships with families, businesses, and the community.
• We service PK-5 th grade which allows us to lay the foundation for the cognitive, social, emotional, and physical well-being of the child using developmentally appropriate practices.
• Academic success for all students.
• Celebrating the diversity of all learners.
• Positive social/emotional growth for all students.
• Fostering a positive learning environment focusing on College and Career Readiness.
• We encourage parental involvement at school events.
• Quality instruction by engaging all students.
• Staff professional development.