Riding a school bus is a privilege. With this privilege comes your
responsibility for good conduct, proper care of the bus and respect for
the rights of others. All Board of Education policies and regulations
are in effect while riding the bus as well as attending school. Please
remember to treat others the way you wish to be treated.
Students are expected to:
- Obey the bus driver who is responsible for the safe operation of the bus and the students being transported.
- WALK IN FRONT OF THE BUS if they must cross the road to board or leave the bus and look both ways before crossing the road.
- Take the seat assigned promptly and remain seated while the bus is in motion.
facing forward keeping feet and legs as well as books out of the aisle.
Do not extend hands, arms, and/or head out of the window or call out
- Abstain from destroying or defacing any part of the bus and to keep the area around the assigned seat clean.
from bringing articles on the bus that may create a safety hazard by
obstructing the aisle or vision of the driver. Exceptions may be made
at the discretion of the driver.
- Refrain from consuming food or drinks or chewing gum on the bus.
the Board of Education policies concerning smoking, weapons, and
controlled dangerous substances as well as refrain from the use of
unacceptable language on the bus.
- Enter and leave by the front door. Do not touch emergency doors or hatches except in case of an emergency.
- Refrain from disruptive behavior and loud conservation which distract the bus driver or annoy other students or motorists.
VIOLATION OF THESE RULES MAY RESULT IN SUSPENSION OF RIDING
PRIVILEGES. THE DRIVER OF THE BUS HAS THE AUTHORITY AND RESPONSIBILITY
TO ENFORCE THESE RULES. PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR DISCIPLINE PROCEDURES:
School Bus Disciplinary Procedure:
The driver may suspend a student's riding privilege for 1 day without
approval of the school. The suspension cannot take effect until the
contractor has contacted the parent or guardian.