SCHOOL BUS CONTRACTORS
SCHOOL BUS CONTRACTORS WANTED
The Wicomico County School System is accepting applications from parties interested in becoming independent school bus contractors. Applicants must be able to provide a certified school bus and qualified driver services to provide school bus transportation services for students attending Wicomico County Public Schools.
* A completed "Application for Eligibility to Receive Wicomico County Board of Education School Bus Contract(s)."
* A completed criminal background check at applicant's expense.
* Provide proof of financial resources to purchase a school bus meeting minimum requirements and cover operational expenses for 30 days.
* Ability to provide certified primary school bus driver and substitute school bus driver.
* Be free of any existing or potential conflicts of interest with the Wicomico County Board of Education.
* Three years’ experience operating a small business or three years’ experience in student transportation or related field is preferred.
* If a partnership or corporation, provide copies of legal documents, establishing the partnership or corporation including organizational document.
* Three professional references
All applicants are subject to results of a criminal background record check. Applications are available from the Purchasing Department at the Wicomico County Board of Education. Applications must be submitted to the Purchasing Department.