BUS SAFETY RULES
Riding a school bus is a privilege. With this privilege comes your responsibility for good conduct, proper care of the bus and respect for the rights of others. All Board of Education policies and regulations are in effect while riding the bus as well as attending school. Please remember to treat others the way you wish to be treated.
Students are expected to:
- Obey the bus driver who is responsible for the safe operation of the bus and the students being transported.
- WALK IN FRONT OF THE BUS if they must cross the road to board or leave the bus and look both ways before crossing the road.
- Take the seat assigned promptly and remain seated while the bus is in motion.
- Sit facing forward keeping feet and legs as well as books out of the aisle. Do not extend hands, arms, and/or head out of the window or call out to passers-by.
- Abstain from destroying or defacing any part of the bus and to keep the area around the assigned seat clean.
- Refrain from bringing articles on the bus that may create a safety hazard by obstructing the aisle or vision of the driver. Exceptions may be made at the discretion of the driver.
- Refrain from consuming food or drinks or chewing gum on the bus.
- Obey the Board of Education policies concerning smoking, weapons, and controlled dangerous substances as well as refrain from the use of unacceptable language on the bus.
- Enter and leave by the front door. Do not touch emergency doors or hatches except in case of an emergency.
- Refrain from disruptive behavior and loud conservation which distract the bus driver or annoy other students or motorists.
VIOLATION OF THESE RULES MAY RESULT IN SUSPENSION OF RIDING PRIVILEGES. THE DRIVER OF THE BUS HAS THE AUTHORITY AND RESPONSIBILITY TO ENFORCE THESE RULES. PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR DISCIPLINE PROCEDURES:
School Bus Disciplinary Procedure: (click to view the full School Bus Disciplinary Procedure form)The driver may suspend a student's riding privilege for 1 day without approval of the school. The suspension cannot take effect until the contractor has contacted the parent or guardian.