The Clipper Way
RESPECT • RESPONSIBILITY • READY TO LEARN
- Respect each other, and all property to ensure a positive and safe learning environment.
- Display appropriate behavior according to the Student Handbook at all times.
- Cooperate with all school personnel.
- Use respectful, appropriate language. Avoid using sarcasm, gossip, profanity, or putting down of others.
- Consume food and drink in the Clipper Galley only.
- Place all trash and discarded materials in trash cans throughout the day.
- Move quietly through the building to avoid being a distraction to classrooms along the route.
- Display appropriate behaviors that will allow the bus driver to reach each destination safely.
- Wear proper and acceptable attire to school as defined by WCBOE.
- Arrive to school and to every class on time and be ready to work.
- Take proper care of textbooks, materials, and equipment.
- Remain on school property during school hours.
- Present a note signed by a parent/guardian to explain any absences.
- Follow WCBOE policies for electronic devices (cell phones, MP3 players, headphones, iPods, games, etc.) from the time you enter the
- building until dismissal.
- Exit the building promptly at the ringing of the dismissal bell. Students involved in after school activities must report to that activity by 2:55 p.m. and remain under direct supervision of the staff while in the building.
Ready to Learn
- Conduct yourself in a manner that allows the teachers to teach, and all students to learn.
- Strive for success and believe it is possible.
- Carry all materials needed for each class according to teacher expectations.
- Utilize a planner for organizing assignments and due dates.
- Complete and turn in assignments on the due date.
- Return as quickly as possible whenever out of class in order to maximize learning.