Dedicated To Excellence In Education
Upcoming Letter Day
Find It Fast
Parents and students, we are excited to offer in person Math tutoring started October 7th! We will continue to offer three morning sessions (9am-10am, 10am-11am, and 11am-12pm) and three one-hour afternoon sessions for 3pm-4pm. To follow CDC guidelines, we are limiting each session to five participants. If you wish to register your child, please visit our home page, and click the link for the session you want. Please know that spots will be reserved on a first come first served basis. Please understand that prior to your child stepping into the building a COVID-19 questionnaire must be filled out the morning of entry. Students attending tutoring are REQUIRED to wear a mask, bring their laptop, and have their immunizations up to date. If you have any questions please contact Mr. Austin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday Morning (9am-10am)
Wednesday Morning (10am-11am)
Wednesday Morning (11am-12pm)
Wednesday Afternoon Room 1 (3pm-4pm)
Wednesday Afternoon Room 2 (3pm-4pm)
Wednesday Afternoon Room 3 (3pm-4pm)
Families we are excited that our after-school program, Project MOVE is going virtually this year. This is an online program that offers academic tutoring by grade level, enrichment activities including art, fitness, nutrition and more. Students who attend the virtual program will be enrolled into the in-person program whenever students return to schools. Applications are being accepted but the slots are filling fast. Registration links can be found on our school Facebook as well as your child's Google Classrooms. If you have any questions, please call the school who will get you in touch with our site supervisors.
October is National Bullying Awareness Month. We are encouraging staff and students to wear orange on Thursday, 10/15 and Tuesday 10/20 and submit pictures to your respective teachers for our home and Facebook page
Additionally, our staff has provided some virtual learning tips for students as we enter week 6 of virtual learning:
- Be sure your child is wearing the appropriate attire for zoom classes
- It is imperative that all our math students (except algebra) log into a program each week called “Aleks.” Aleks is an electronic program that allows teachers to track student progress with his/her math skills. By attaining this data, our teachers are more effectively informed on how to meet the math needs of our students.
- Our teachers reporting that while most students are right on point, but several students are attending zoom lessons, but not completing asynchronous work.
- Please check parent portal each week to be sure your child is completing all his/her work in google classroom.
- Strive for less than 5! Please be sure your child’s attendance is accurate as Wicomico County has an attendance policy that promotes student success. The link for the policy is below.
Check out the SMS Counseling Offices website for information about contacting our School Social Worker and School Counselors, along with resources and activities to help support students, families, community members, and staff.
Immunizations – The Maryland Department of Health’s 20- day deadline for immunizations is tomorrow, September 28th. Most WCPS students already meet the state immunization requirements, and school nurses have contacted the parent/guardians of students for whom proof of up-to-date vaccinations is needed by that date. If immunizations are needed, please contact the Wicomico County Health Department.
Below are links to the instructions for downloading reports (progress reports and report cards) from Family Portal, for students and parents/guardians.
Students and parents: IF YOU SEE OR HEAR SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING ON OUR TIP LINE! Let's work together to keep our school and community safe!