Dedicated To Excellence In Education
Upcoming Letter Day
Find It Fast
Our full day virtual student schedule will begin tomorrow November 30th for all students. We have attached our new schedule by grade level both our home school and NeXgen. As we transition to our full day schedule, we have renewed expectations below for all students.
- Teachers will use as much of the period as they need (45 minutes +) for synchronous instruction for math, English language arts and science/social studies (depending on the marking term). The remaining class time students will engage in asynchronous Work with Support. Students need to remain on Zoom for the entire period. This will provide students with support for his/her assignments while they are still in class.
- For special area classes, the teacher will provide synchronous instruction for half the class (20 minutes +) and students will remain in class for the asynchronous assignment with the purpose of providing the students with teacher support.
- Our teachers will no longer have office hours on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday, but will be available on Wednesdays for additional support as needed.
As everyone may already know, we will not be doing in-person tutoring sessions on Wednesdays until further notice. This change is due to very concerning trends in Wicomico County’s COVID-19 health metrics for both new case rate and positivity rate, and Wicomico County has made this decision with the support of Wicomico County Health Officer Lori Brewster.
- Our school guidance counselors will be hosting a zoom tutorial session on Wednesday, December 9th at 5:00pm. ALL families are welcome to attend! We will send out the zoom link next Sunday. Our counselors will be available to help with the online items below:
- Logging in to Family Portal
- Viewing attendance
- Viewing grades/assignments/report cards
- Our counselors will also be available for other general questions and parents can make appointments with the grade level counselors. We will send out more information about sign-up option next week.
- Please be sure to respond to our Wicomico County virtual learning survey upon receiving this message if you have not already responded. Everything will be uploaded tomorrow morning, so this is the last call for survey responses pertaining to hybrid or virtual learning for your child on January 4th, 2021.
Thank you for your continued support, have a great weekend!
Students and parents: IF YOU SEE OR HEAR SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING ON OUR TIP LINE! Let's work together to keep our school and community safe!