Fiscal Year (FY) 2018 Consolidated Current Expense Budget
The Wicomico County Board of Education approved the Amended Proposed FY2018 Consolidated Current Expense Budget on May 2nd and it was submitted to the Wicomico County Executive's office on Wednesday, May 3, 2017. With input from students, staff, and community stakeholders, this budget reflects our vision for the future of public education in Wicomico County Public Schools. We aspire to be:
- A public school system rooted in a culture of respect, transparency, and collegiality; where trust, the quality of relationships, and empowerment are clearly understood to be the foundation for success;
- A public school system committed to safe schools and an atmosphere where students know that teachers and administrators believe in them;
- A public school system dedicated to meeting the needs of each student and preparing students with 21st century skills necessary to successfully enter college or the world of work;
- A public school system our community believes in - built upon the pursuit of excellence in providing an outstanding education for our community’s students.
These four vision points will drive all future budget decisions and will shape the course of our organization. The FY 2018 proposed budget creates the first financial framework within which this vision is implemented.
Input from parents, staff and members of our community continues as an important part of the budget process. We welcome and encourage you to provide budget ideas and cost-saving suggestions at any time during our annual budget development process.
You may submit ideas by:
- Email: email@example.com
- Voicemail: Public Input Line, 410-677-5251
- Mail: Budget Input, Wicomico County Public Schools, PO Box 1538, Salisbury, MD 21802
- Hand Delivery: Wicomico County Board of Education, 2424 Northgate Dr., Salisbury Attention: Budget Input (behind Lowe's)
The school system's budget and financial statistic information is shown below. Please read through the information.